I recently read a date suggestion from someone.
The suggestion was to gift your favorite book (with your phone number in it) to someone you have a crush on.
If they don't phone you - it's okay, they probably don't read and you don't need that kind of energy in your life anyway.
If they do phone you - you can share a "book club" date where you meet up somewhere and have a book to discuss (instead of trying to make up interesting conversation).
While I read this suggestion, and as much as I sincerely like it, it reminded me that, years ago, I received a really nice hardcover copy of Frankenstein, A Modern Prometheus from a male friend of mine as a gift. I promise that I started reading it, but in the middle of reading it (started off a bit whiny), I was in the process of moving houses and to this day I haven't finished it and I have no idea what happened to that copy. I hope he didn't put his number in it.
A few things:
1 - I promise I AM literate. (Whether you want that in your life, or not, is not on me. Just facts.)
2 - I promise I did start to read it. (It was a man writing a series of boring letters.)
3 - I promise I never got to a page with his phone number on it. (Doesn't mean it wasn't there though.)
4 - I promise I thought he was interesting and kind
5 - I promise I'd have gone on that book club date.
Now I'm just left wondering, was this a thing he was trying to do? Score a date where we could talk about Frankenstein? Because I'd have been okay with a date like that. Shoot - we'd already gone bowling together!
Oh well, he's been married with kids for a while now.
I'm such a mess. I am a walking disaster area.
Oh well, at least I'm cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment